Sunday, March 30, 2008

Hail Yeah!

It's hailed the past three days. Pretty weird, in my opinion, but I'm getting used to it. There were some flaky snow-like things coming down at one point. Only for a moment. Today it rained, then got sunny, then hailed, then got sunny with patches of blue sky and puffy clouds that looked like cotton candy (this is when we went out grocery shopping), then it hailed again, then rained, and then I don't even know because I lost track.

The temperature seems to be hovering above freezing, but it's obviously cold up in the heavens. So interesting!

I wanted to mention a new benefit of this glorious weather out here in the NW. Standard-Humidity-Winters. My skin isn't overly dry. I rarely need chapstick. And the best of all: I can brush my hair without static electricity!!! No frizzy hair! Seriously. I can't even get over it. I've been brushing my hair occasionally, now that it's so long (really, this is pretty long for me). In normal New England winter, my hair would be standing up like I'd just stuck my fingers in a socket, but here it actually DE-FRIZZES my hair when it's brushed. Un-effing-believable.

In completely non-hair-related news, I'm taking lots of new photos for my Etsy shop, since I got some great ideas from critiques at the PDX Etsy tea time. It's a bunch of work, but I may as well have the best photos possible for the items I have listed, instead of spending all my time making new items. Sell sell sell. I'm trying out some new lighting and new backgrounds. I also need to add more shots for each item, since people want to see products from all angles. There are also purple sand and fake fur involved in some shots.

I do have new items I need to make though, since I got accepted at Trillium Artisans! Yay! This'll be my first consignment shop in PDX, and they're focused on helping artists grow their business. I could try using their photo setup, or maybe take a class on digital photography there. They have all kinds of stuff like that, and I'm excited! They also only sell artwork from folks who use at least 50% recycled/reclaimed materials for their work. Very cool.
www.trilliumartisans.org

No comments: