First thing this morning, we heard some cat grumbling coming from outside, and Rupert was on the scene in a heartbeat! Two cats were on the fence behind our apartment, neither one wanting to back down. Rupert watched on with great interest.
I think the cat on the left was one of the kittens that had been living in our yard last summer. She has a collar now, and she looks really healthy, so that's great news! The cat on the right is Topaz, who's the unofficial ruler of our property.
I had to go out back to get my bike shortly after this photo was taken (we were out of coffee!), and the younger cat hopped right down from the fence to rub on my legs. She ran off after I'd pet her for a few moments, but it made my day.
In completely unrelated news, we had a barbeque in the yard a few nights ago with all our apartment neighbors. It was completely spur-of-the-moment, but I just really wanted to meet some of them, and the weather was so nice. A few of us went down to New Seasons (like Whole Foods, only locally run) and picked up some fancy meat skewers, which we cooked on our little grill. They were fantastic! It was so nice to get to know all these folks a little better, and now we're all looking forward to the next barbeque!
1 comment:
Cats are funny creatures! Sounds like a great BBQ.
Post a Comment